About Entrepreneur First
Everyone at Entrepreneur First believes it really matters what the world’s most talented people choose to do with their lives. We work every day to be the best place in the world for around 700 high-potential founders a year to meet their co-founder and build a technology startup from scratch. See how it works here: https://www.joinef.com/how-it-works/
Entrepreneur First provides the world’s most talented and ambitious individuals with a platform to build a global technology company from scratch. We have built over 500 companies from scratch; we have more than 3000 alumni worldwide, and a portfolio valued at over $5bn. EF companies include Tractable (computer vision, currently valued at $1bn as of June 2021), Magic Pony Technology (AI, acquired by Twitter for a reported $150m), Represent (social commerce, acquired by CustomInk), Aztec Protocol (scalable privacy on blockchain), Cleo (fintech), accuRx (healthcare communication platform), OpenCosmos (space), CloudNC (manufacturing), Transcelestial (satellite communications) and many more.
Are you a passionate storyteller?
Do you thrive on creating thoughtful content and well-organised experiences for our future founders? We are looking for someone who can mine the unique stories and insights that our day-to-day business creates, engage the local founder, creator & investor community with content and insights and drive and implement plans and initiatives relating to the brand, customer experience and loyalty to drive brand equity.
This entails executing various marketing campaigns to promote the EF brand, adjusting global narratives to local needs and for customer acquisition, across online and offline channels. Additionally, this role will also support market research activities to generate relevant market insights for EF. This role is based in Berlin and Part-Time, where you'll work closely with colleagues from programme, talent and investment background and peers from around the world.
This role is a part-time role for 2 days a week and we are open to consider Freelancer engagement.
- Build a pipeline of top-tier journalists in the German markets and industries (ie Early-Stage Venture Capital), and nurture and develop those relationships to develop story lines and press opportunities
- Work closely with our PR Partner, a top-tier agency
- Be very involved and engaged in the German startup communities
- Collaborate occasionally with the central marketing function to adapt brand lines and messaging
- Drive Customer & Market Research
- Create unique, insightful content pieces
- Develop relationships across the EF Berlin network and support funding announcements for portfolio companies
- Develop press updates to be included in monthly investor updates in collaboration with the global marketing team
- 2+ years of experience working in Brand & Content Marketing at an agency or in an in-house role, ideally in the venture industry or at a venture-backed startup companies with hands-on Experience
- A genuine passion for technology and startups, an entrepreneurial mindset and a desire to learn
- Proven attention to detail through prior work or life experience
- Comfortable working in ambiguity but with high expectations
- Strong emotional intelligence and proven ability to connect and nurture relationships with members of the startup ecosystem
- Systems thinker with an eye for things that do not scale and the capability to design new processes and systems for implementation across programs
What we offer
- The unique opportunity to be part of a growth journey and a unique approach to Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital
- A competitive salary
- A buzzing space full of technical founders creating globally impactful businesses
- Collaboration with a growth minded, diverse team in Europe, Asia and Canada
- Generous holidays: in addition to 23 days holiday, we also close the office down for two weeks over Christmas and New Year
- A Learning & Development allowance to purchase any product or service that will contribute to your personal or professional development
- A Wellness allowance to spend on things enhancing your health and wellbeing, e.g. gym membership, yoga classes, Vitality, subscription to Headspace etc
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay, plus broader leave policies. We care about our team and enabling the right balance between home and working life
EF champions diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment in which a wide variety of backgrounds thrive. We do not tolerate discrimination of any nature, including but not limited to: discriminating on the basis of race, colour, religion, culture, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.