Girls Who Code (GWC) is seeking enthusiastic and responsible Operations Specialists to support students and families in registering for our 2022 Summer Programs. GWC will be hosting two free, virtual online learning opportunities for high school students to learn to code this summer, our Summer Immersion Program (SIP) and Self-Paced Program. Our programs are open to both US-based and international student applicants, with offerings taking place in both Eastern Daylight Time and British Standard Time.
This is a part time, remote, temporary (up to 25 hours per week) position from March through July 2022. Schedule and hours will vary weekly. Candidates should have flexibility to work both weekdays, evenings, and weekends, specifically during 3/9/22 - 3/25/22 and 4/13/22 - 4/29/22.
Responsibilities: Student Registration
- Proactively contact students and their families via text campaigning, phone banking, and individualized email campaigning to support them through the registration process.
- Provide technical support to students and families who are running into registration completion barriers.
- Review and update student information in our database management systems to reflect student registration and acceptance progress.
- Report and log any challenges and issues during the registration process.
- Support Inbound Specialists with any student and family inquiries received via the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox.
Responsibilities: Student Onboarding
- Provide administrative support to ensure effective student classroom onboarding prior to each program round.
- Confirm student attendance leading up to program start, offering support and information about expectations throughout the program to students and families.
- Follow-up on student program change requests and flag to GWC any individuals that may not be planning to attend.
- Support students from the waitlist with seamless program onboarding as seats become available.
- Participate in a virtual weekly check in with GWC Program Operations Manager.
- Additional projects as assigned.
- 2+ years of experience with operations, customer service or customer facing roles. Prior experience with education or non-profits is a plus.
- Language Requirement: English; Spanish a plus.
- Excellent communication and people skills with an ability to balance priorities, strategize, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with Google Suite and Salesforce preferred
- Fastidious record keeping and organization
- Reliable internet connection
- Experience working with culturally diverse communities, specifically historically underrepresented groups is a plus.
- Comfortable working independently and being a part of a remote, distributed team
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technology platforms and tools
- Passion for our mission to close the gender gap in technology fields through a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Girls Who Code is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization with a focus on valuing, serving, and understanding our target constituents, while challenging all stakeholders to think inclusively for the betterment of our programs.
Girls Who Code is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. GWC is not able to sponsor employment visas.