We are a community-driven home sharing platform that is reinventing the way people live and travel. By enabling members to share homes with peers from their trusted networks for $0 nightly, we unlock a radically affordable way to travel.
We have seen tremendous traction while remaining in stealth, and have raised a Seed from some of the best investors in Silicon Valley, including Andreesen Horowitz, Bessemer, Caffeinated, Elad Gil, and the founders of Opendoor, Classpass, Clubhouse, Divvy, Gem, and Homebound.
The co-founders are proven leaders from the early team at proptech company Opendoor ($15bn+ exit), and have each separately built and scaled products that today do $1b+ annual revenue combined.
We’re a team on a mission, and we’re looking for the world’s top builders, executors, and believers to join us on this ride.
We’re looking for a world-class engineer with deep experience in full-stack software development to join us at the ground floor.
You’ll join as one of our Founding Engineers and part of our critical early team. We're looking for a thought partner who is motivated by the opportunity to build an iconic consumer product that will shape the future of travel.
- Serve as technology lead and own key decisions including the tech stack and strategy for backend design, data infrastructure, and machine learning investments
- Work directly with the co-founders, product designers, and frontend engineers to build the first version of our platform
- Help establish and grow our engineering organization and mentor the next generation of technology leaders
- Have access to our bench of world class technical advisors and angels for mentorship and support as needed
You may be a right fit for this role if you:
- Have 5-7 years of technical experience as a backend software engineer
- Have experience crafting robust backends and database structures that can both scale with user volume as well as business complexity
- Have some experience with devops (setting up CI/CD, containerization, etc.)
- Have worked with service providers like AWS, configured CDNs, used Heroku, etc.
- Have demonstrated success operating as a tech lead on critical projects at previous roles
- Have prior experience at a high-growth stage company
- Are an entrepreneur at heart who is excited about bringing new experiences to the world
- Are motivated by consumer products and building platforms that become cornerstones of consumer behavior
- Have the ability to exercise strong judgment and make difficult technical tradeoff decisions
- Are an excellent listener and strong communicator, working well cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Are comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity
- Enjoy the process of making something new and unknown
- Have a pragmatic approach to engineering — you’re not dogmatic and know how to choose the best tool or process for the job at hand
- Come to work with energy, humility, and positivity
- A vibrant, inclusive, and highly skilled team that ferociously protects team chemistry
- A culture of championship(vs. just mentorship), feedback, and continual development
- Competitive cash compensation and equity
- Full health benefits
- UNLIMITED free travel to Kindred homes during your time as an employee
- Remote-flexible work environment. We encourage team members to travel and adventure!
- WeWork All Access Pass so you can work comfortably from wherever you are
- Regular off-sites to co-locate with the team
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that bringing together people who have different worldviews, personal circumstances, and experiences improves our customer service, work, environment, and one another. Diverse strengths, abilities, interests, and perspectives power the flow of innovation and creativity, which is vital to our success. We encourage people from all walks of life—all backgrounds, identities, genders, ages, races, religions, abilities, and socioeconomic statuses—to apply