CommonBond has built a values-driven, customer-centric fintech company. Our mission is to change the way people think about their personal finances and financial independence. We accomplish this by offering products that increase monthly cash flow for consumers, leverage state-of-the art technology, and deliver award-winning customer service. We are also the only fintech company with a 1-for-1 social mission; for every loan funded, we fund the education of a child in the developing world. CommonBond has been named to the World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, the 50 Best Places to Work by Inc., and the Forbes Fintech 50. In 2020, the company made the Inc 500 list, which highlights the fastest growing private companies in America. We are backed by great investors, have an awesome team, and are looking for our next great team member.
We recently extended our mission in solar financing for homeowners, to help accelerate the country’s transition to renewable energy. We’re on pace to fund $1B in residential solar projects in our first year and we couldn’t be more excited to help homeowners save on their power bill while getting off of the fossil fuels powered energy grid.
We are looking for a full-time contract Product Designer to join our design team and deliver best in-class experiences at the core of our Solar business. You will help deliver seamless, beautiful, and functional user interfaces and experiences that help our partners and customers finance their transition to renewable energy. Excelling in this role will mean proactively anticipating challenges, effectively communicating design rational, having a growth mindset, communicating user needs, creating beautiful, functional UI/UX and effectively collaborating with various partners across the organization.
About the role
As a product designer at CommonBond you will…
- Perform at all levels of the product design lifecycle, including research, concepts, wireframes, prototypes, pixel-perfect UI, documentation, and testing
- Turn challenging workflows into simple, usable, and human-centered experiences
- Practice lean design principles
- Proactively communicate your design decisions, and provide well-articulated feedback
- Collaborate closely with product managers, engineers, and stakeholders to deliver product experiences
- Work collaboratively with developers to ensure quality is maintained into production
- Collaborate with other product designers to help shape our design organization and practices
These responsibilities are just the starting point! At CommonBond we love people that jump in to solve problems wherever their interests lie.
Here are some of the tools a Product Designer uses daily:
Figma, Productboard, LucidSpark, Confluence, Fullstory, Webflow
We’d like someone that has…
- At least 5 years of experience working as a product or UI/UX designer
- A portfolio demonstrating strong UI capabilities and UX rational
- Ability to use data and research methods to identify opportunities and craft useful solutions
- Ability to use testing and prototyping methodologies to rapidly evaluate design ideas
- Meticulous detail and care for design execution, from concept through delivery
- Fluency in relevant, modern design tools
- Fluency in UX writing
- Experience building and implementing a design system
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment and solve problems independently and proactively
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Bonus if you have experience prototyping with Webflow, and front end web technologies.
A portfolio must be submitted with your application to be considered for this role.
We have a flexible work policy, you can work in our New York City HQ in Soho; or remotely from anywhere in the US (as long as you work east coast hours). As a heads up, due to the on-going pandemic of COVID-19, working in the office is subject to state health laws.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.