At Remotion, we believe you shouldn’t have to sacrifice your career for the life you want to live, and we believe remote work enables you to have both. However, building a great team in the remote world isn’t easy—especially one that is diverse, highly trusting, and deeply collaborative. We’ve worked hard to create a trusting and collaborative team at Remotion, and we’ve used our learnings along the way to build a product that strengthens our culture and helps our users thrive with us.
We're looking for curious and inventive designer who is passionate about craft and collaborating closely with customers to build best in class experiences that they love. You’ll bring your unique, outside perspective to drive design across core features and growth efforts.
You’ll have the flexibility of working as a contractor while still having large impact, autonomously leading design end to end on projects.
- Leading design for projects that span all our product surface areas, from core product to growth
- Collaborate with engineers to iterate & learn during both design and implementation
- Push the envelope by exploring new interaction patterns through high fidelity prototyping
You’ll be successful in this role if you have...
- Passion for designing highly polished experiences
- Robust interaction design skills and are divergent in exploration, inventing new interaction patterns when needed
- Prioritization skills and ownership that enable you to drive clarity and scope on ambiguous projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Shared vision for remote and hybrid work that is empowering, effective, and human
Bonus points for...
- Experience building native desktop apps
- Technical literacy. Prototyping experience and/or coding in production
Remotion's mission is to help teams embrace remote work by offering a better way to build strong, inclusive culture and work together. First, we strive to make each day at Remotion creative, empowering, and human. Then, we design the best parts into our product and share it with the world, as covered in TechCrunch and Fast Company.
We're a team of 11, hailing from companies like Google, Dropbox, Microsoft, and Amazon. We're well-funded with $13M from Greylock, First Round, and others behind products like Figma, Slack, and Houseparty.
At Remotion, we're looking for kind, candid, talented people. We craft with focus, empower each other, and seek diverse perspectives. Each person on the team brings something unique to our culture and our product. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.