SAN FRANCISCO/NEW YORK OR REMOTE US/CANADA /ENGINEERING – CONTENT OPERATIONS /CONTRACTOR
At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we work to change the way the world reads by building the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals, and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors, our community includes over 1.8M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
We’re defining the workforce of the future with Scribd Flex, a program that embraces multiple perspectives while leaning into our belief that no matter where each team member is, we trust them to accomplish our shared business goals. This program lets employees, in partnership with their manager, choose where they work while creating intentional in-person meetings with co-workers that build culture and connect us personally.
Remote employees must have their primary residence in: Arizona, California, Colorado, Delaware, DC, Florida, Hawaii, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Ontario (Canada), and British Columbia (Canada).
*This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.
Scribd’s Content Operations team is responsible for tracking and diagnosing all products available from our publishing partners so that the maximum amount of content is available to our subscribers. We are looking for a high-energy individual to onboard new publishing partners, track the ingestion of their digital content, and work with team members, other Scribd employees, and our publishing partners to achieve team responsibilities.
The position is available in one of our offices: SF, NYC, Phoenix, Toronto, or remote.
• Service Scribd’s publisher partners including ad-hoc support, onboarding, and offboarding.
• Assist with metadata and content aggregation, normalization, processing, and quality assurance.
• Build content lists to support Scribd’s Editorial team.
• 1-2 years digital operations or book publishing.
• Knowledge of book metadata standards including BISAC and ONIX
• Intermediate skill with Excel.
• Experience with technical writing and one or more bug tracking and helpdesk/CRM systems a plus.
• Experience with XML, SQL, and UNIX/Linux a plus.
• Well-organized and detail oriented.
• Adept at multi-tasking with excellent follow-through.
• Must be highly self-reliant and able to solve problems in real time.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• 4 year degree or equivalent work experience.
• Experience working at internet startups or prominent technology firm.
• Work experience providing access to code or coding opportunities.
• Experience working and thriving in technology-driven companies and the cultures that foster them.
• Experience executing or managing special projects a plus.
Benefits, Perks, and Wellbeing at Scribd
• Healthcare Insurance Coverage: Scribd pays for employee’s Medical, Vision, and Dental premiums and a portion of dependent premiums
• 401k/RSP plans provided, plus company matching with no vesting period
• Professional development: generous annual budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
• Quarterly Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort Benefit
• Concern mental health digital platform
• Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
• Leaves: 12 weeks paid parental leave, company paid short-term/long-term disability plans and milestone Sabbaticals
• Generous Paid Time Off: Paid Holidays, Flexible Sick Time, Volunteer Day + office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years Day
• Company-wide Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion programs which include learning & development opportunities, employee resource groups, and hiring best practices.
Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Scribd and the geographical location where you work.
Want to learn more? Check out our office and meet some of the team at www.linkedin.com/company/scribd/life
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.