What we do:
At Wonder & Wander, we're a small band 🎵 of engineers, design & product consultants who want 😌 to take the skills we've learned in silicon valley & help the little guys (aka. anyone trying to make the world a better place). 😍🏆
We're in full fledged startup mode though, so we don't exactly know every task you'll do - so if you 😀 don't like that 🚔👼🚟 this is not for you. But we move fast, we love hanging out, we have high trust, 🫂 and are trying to take our silicon valley tech backgrounds & experience & use 😪 them for good.
Our Core Values:
We live & breathe these - so only apply if they apply to you ;)
🙏 1.We Get to Do This
- Things will be hard but we have a joy filled spirit serving our customers. At the end of the day not many get to go on a journey like this.
✋ 2. Skin in the Game (aka. Extreme Ownership?)
- The Navy SEALs train this discipline for a reason. If we see something wrong we leave it better than we found it, we are rewarded for bringing up problems with a solution, and we get things done.
📖 3. Transparency by Default
- Our company is built on trust and when we lead with vulnerability everyone wins.
Our Story & Background:
Here's a 2 min loom of our origin story:
April 15, 2022 - Wonder & Wander Origin Story HD - Watch Video
More Info on the team & company:
And if you made it this far & are excited to join, here's some of the qualities you embody:
* Take on 💯 information fast, and PROCESS it fast 💨
* You kind of thrive in fast-paced environments
* Are curious about the WHY we do 🚶♂️ things, but balance it constantly with an ability to make decisions on limited amounts of information (we're a startup and constraints breed creativity for us).
* Okay with a little Chaos (the founder had ADHD) but 🤪 enjoy bringing order & process 🏭 out of chaos
* Are organized & like creating systems for things, 🌐 so you don't have to do things manually
* Are familiar with Notion, Slack, Google 🥽 Docs
* Naturally separate priorities from details/clutter (Think 80/20 principle) * Enjoy 💯 on 🔛 demand strategizing and collaboration, with Jon (on the fly, or just on their own for 🎅 fun)
* Love learning 📝 and are always willing to learn 🧠 (b/c Jon’s so full of great information)
* But be NOT afraid to take ➿ the lead sometimes, and close off a topic if there's a higher priority (Even if that's with the founder, which is often hard.)
Some Examples of Tasks and What your day could look like:
- Have experience with an owner/boss who has had ADHD (this is huge! I need someone who can understand how ADHD brains work and work with me, to get a better future)
- Help plan a client meeting with questions to ask, etc. Working on our google doc
- Sit with me for 30 min to plan out a possible STRATEGY plan (i came up with most of it, but she was a really good strategizing partner)
- Take great meeting notes while in the call as well, with clear action items for founders
- Follow up with the founders afterwards and walked through with me on zoom, what tasks need to get done, etc.
- Start day off with clear top prioritized action items
- Be entrusted with both founders emails and calendars
I’m in! How do I apply?
If you’re interested, email a LOOM of these 8 questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We're quite an early stage boot strapped startup, is this something you're interested in?
- As mentioned in the posting, we live & die by our 3 core values.
- Of the list of qualities we put in the job posting, we'd love to hear the top 3 that you embody w/ clear examples demonstrating that in your day to day life!
- What are your career goals?
- What are you good at professionally?
- What are you not good at or not interested in doing professionally?
- Who were your last 5 bosses and how would they each rate your performance on a 1-10 scale if we talk to them?
- Anything else you feel would be essential for us to know? (Ex. For me, @Jon Chui, the founder, it might be that I have ADHD & need to work with ppl who understand and can make that)
Here's a loom from me to go through the 8 questions and what we're looking for!
Tips on Applying
- We’ve found putting it in a google doc, notion helps alot for structuring. Then, if you send that doc to us in your application, double brownie points!
- The most important is that through all the answers, you demonstrate via examples the answers. ex. “I helped my boss organize things and i love organize” doesn’t help. vs.
- “My boss always had ideas and could never organize. So i forced him to send me looms, and i wrote the most important things down for him in a notion template, to send them back to him. Then i gave him his own kanban, and we worked every morning to organize his top 3 priorities for that day)