Kiva (kiva.org) is an international nonprofit with a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We run a global marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers and students around the world. Through Kiva Capital, we serve as a bridge between large scale impact first investors and underserved populations. Our digital identity platform enables borrowers who don’t have a track record with traditional financial institutions to record and verify their financial history and gain access to less costly mainstream financial markets.
Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity at global scale. Since 2005, we have raised more than $1.66 billion in loan capital for 4.1 million borrowers in 77 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva's team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide. Our team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to create a financially inclusive world.
The Growth Marketing team at Kiva is a data-driven and growth-focused function bringing marketing, analytics, user insights, and experimentation together to develop and optimize the user engagement and activation strategies to drive business growth and global impact.
We’re looking for an experienced Marketing Operations Manager who will serve as the subject matter expert on tooling / systems and campaign production to ensure all Engagement campaigns are set up with an extremely high degree of accuracy and effectiveness. This individual contributor role will be supporting the Growth Marketing team, and collaborating closely with cross-functional partners across Engineering, Product, and Creative to deliver world-class campaigns. The ideal candidate will have a combination of strong technical ability, email / lifecycle marketing experience, and project management skills.
The Marketing Operations Manager will recommend and evolve tools and technology (mainly email and content management) that will scale usage and drive increased work efficiencies. This candidate should be passionate about how marketing technology can solve needs for marketers who run campaigns and have strong understanding of how digital marketing channels and data drive measurable campaign outcomes.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
You should be:
- Technically-savvy and able to learn and grow into the tools we use for advertising and marketing campaigns
- Able to communicate proficiently with Engineering and Product teams
- Detail-oriented and methodical
- Self-driven and able to organize and prioritize tasks and projects
- An excellent team player and has strong interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively with both business and technical stakeholders
- Someone with a strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial spirit
What You Will Do::
- Evaluate, implement, and manage the marketing technology stack required to launch and run campaigns. Manage vendor relationships when necessary
- Build, schedule, launch and monitor automated and ad hoc user-facing campaigns across channels including but not limited to: email, push, onsite, landing pages
- Enable the execution of business requirements by assessing tooling / feature functionality & data pipeline needs, working with Engineering and Data Science to support campaign execution as needed
- Support and build complex, dynamic and data-rich content within email / push campaigns
- Set up experiments to enable the team to garner the desired data and learnings from a campaign
- Manage database health and research new ways to enrich the data.
- Audit marketing programs and ensure best practices for marketing and data privacy are met
- QA: Ensure that all executed campaigns are 100% error free, with targeting and functionality that match specifications. Troubleshoot when necessary
- Help plan, scope, and execute projects of varying size and complexity
- Proactively flag potential issues or roadblocks during scoping, and escalate any bugs or build issues to the appropriate POCs to identify fixes
- Operate as a subject matter expert on all systems related to Engagement channels to drive smooth execution and optimization
- Manage competing demands and prioritize effectively; proactively communicate delivery status and navigate issues
- Create documentation of internal best practice, tooling and process development
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years experience supporting and implementing high-volume, large scale personalized email / push campaigns end-to-end
- Has high level of expertise and familiarity with Enterprise-level ESPs, preferably with Iterable
- Deep understanding of email coding / development and client-specific needs. Knowledgeable about responsive design for mobile.
- Has working knowledge of content management systems
- Has working knowledge of HTML
- Hyper attentive to details with strong organizational skills and can execute complex segmentation and dynamic campaigns flawlessly, with minimal supervision
- Comfortable prioritizing tasks and managing multiple tracks of work in a fast-paced environment. Exhibits a high degree of initiative and is highly autonomous.
- Adept at problem solving and has an appetite for process and tooling improvements to maximize efficiency
- Has excellent knowledge of database and reporting infrastructure, preferably with Looker
- Must exhibit superb verbal and written communication skills; able to articulate status, insights and challenges effectively
- Solid knowledge of email technologies, best practices, and industry challenges
- Strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial spirit
- Passion for lifecycle marketing and user engagement
What we offer:
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
We will only accept applications directly from candidates. Kiva will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees, absent a formal agreement.