At MissionWired, we help clients create revolutionary digital strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
We’re digital-obsessed, tech-savvy do-gooders who care deeply about social change. We’ve brought digital strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Save the Children, Sandy Hook Promise, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates. This cycle, we're excited to support the DGA in flipping and protecting governorships across the country while expanding the Democratic majority in the Senate via our work with the DSCC, Sen. Raphael Warnock, Rep. Val Demings, Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto and Sen. Maggie Hassan.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: We are seeking a freelance Community Manager to assist in engaging live with a social network of teachers, counselors, and teacher leaders across social channels. If you are passionate about education and have strong writing skills, this role is for you!
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Engaging with educators across the digital space to build trust and strengthen relationships 1-2 hours on weeknights between the hours of 5 and 9 pm ET
- Working closely with internal teams to assist in managing resources and project timelines
- Managing a community of educators by responding to comments and Direct Messages across social channels while maintaining and exemplifying brand voice
- Passion for social media and a strong understanding of social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Passion for equity in education
- Background in digital communications, fundraising, and/or marketing is strongly preferred
- Client management experience is a plus
- Experience in education with students or teachers is particularly appreciated but not required
Pay range for this role is $35-40 per hour, depending on experience
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!