StartEngine is the FinTech powerhouse driving the future of fundraising and alternative investing. StartEngine was founded by Howard Marks, the co-founder of Activision ($75B+ market cap), with the goal of helping entrepreneurs achieve their dreams by removing funding barriers. Howard was joined by Shark Tank judge and serial entrepreneur, Kevin O’Leary (aka Mr. Wonderful) as StartEngine’s Strategic Advisor and Investor in 2020. Since its inception, we have helped over 600 companies raise more than $500M+ from retail investors.
Why merely back a company when you could own a piece of it?
StartEngine is looking for an experienced HR Consultant to work with and mentor their People Operations Manager.
They will work closely with People Operations to facilitate and coordinate the application of human resources policies and procedures.
What you'll do:
- Act as a trusted HR partner to help mentor and advise our People Ops team plan and execute our internal initiatives and goals
- Partner with and support HR and People Ops to drive the team’s organizational change initiatives
- Support in the delivery of HR programs and processes related to workforce planning, employee engagement, performance reviews, promotion process, talent development, and overall talent management
- Collaborate with the Head of People Ops and other cross-functional team members on developing processes and iterating on existing ones to create greater efficiency
- Run ad-hoc and regular reporting (headcount, terminations, new hires, promotions, etc.)
- Partner with managers and on performance management and mentoring conversations
- Work with People Operations to manage employee relations matters and be responsible for full-cycle processes through to resolution and escalate as needed
- Review, maintain and update internal HR documentation, including transfer/promotion letters and immigration postings
- Remain up to date on local employment legislation and compliance
- Model and reinforce our 6 core values
- OWN THE MISSION!!
Experience we are looking for:
- Experience supporting an HR agenda, employee relations topics, and culture-building initiatives
- An innovative problem solver who is proactive and loves to get things done
- Strong interpersonal skills, good intuition, and the ability to communicate to all levels of the organization
- Confidentiality is not an issue for you; you know what, when, and whom you can say things to
- Ability to prioritize workload, balance multiple tasks at once, and solid attention to detail
- Proficiency in Mac and Google applications especially with Sheets, Slides, and Docs