Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
Pinterest’s Food Content & Creators team is seeking to hire a temporary, full-time Community Manager for a high-profile initiative to generate food content on Pinterest. This role will review food content, communicate with food creators, and conduct outreach to food communities. This position requires an interest in seeing everyday food content, a knack for charismatic communication, and a fearless, outgoing nature. The contract period for the position is July 1, 2022 to September 30, 2022. We’re looking for all kinds of people. To build an app that’s used and loved by people all around the world, we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds.
What you’ll do:
- Review Idea Pin submissions as they come in and comment on them from the @pinterestcreators account.
- Respond to user inquiries regarding the initiative.
- Reach out to food communities by email and social media to generate awareness of the initiative.
- Review 300 to 500 Idea Pins and determine their eligibility for the project.
What we're looking for:
- At least one year of experience in community management or social media management.
- Strong writing skills with a charismatic voice and careful attention to dotting i’s and crossing t’s.
- Strong ability to communicate with diverse audiences while being mindful of inclusive language.
- A highly creative individual who is also able to hunker down and review hundreds of pieces of content.
- A background in home cooking, food content, or the culinary industry.
More about contract roles at Pinterest:
- This is a temporary contract position at Pinterest. As such, the contractor who fills this role will be employed either by our staffing partner (PRO Unlimited) or by an agency supplier partner, and not an employee of Pinterest.
- All interviews will be scheduled and/or conducted by the Pinterest assignment manager. When a finalist has been selected, PRO Unlimited or the agency supplier partner will extend the offer and provide assignment details including duration, benefits options and onboarding details.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.