Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Position
Protecting the privacy of our community is crucial to Twitch. The growing Privacy team is responsible for solving global privacy challenges and engendering trust with our users and partners. We need the right people, policies, products and tools to help us achieve that mission.
In the Privacy BI Analyst role, you will report to the Sr. Privacy Manager, Advertising and 3rd Parties. The role will be responsible for the technical implementation of Twitch’s Privacy Sandbox which is a Business Insights platform that protects the privacy of Twitch users, while providing important, but aggregated insights to business teams.
- Bring an MVP Privacy-centric Business Insights solution to the next level
- Build tables and create jobs within and between various Redshift clusters
- Build tables and reports within the BI solution (Mode)
- Ensure that all tables and reports are functioning correctly and that data is refreshed on a regular basis
- Review and approve data and privacy requests for various data sets within Twitch
- High SQL proficiency
- The ability to work in, and administer a Redshift cluster
- A strong attention to detail
- The ability to understand data infrastructures, data collection and processing
- The ability to hash or otherwise anonymize personal data
- Previous experience with Mode
- Strong collaboration skills
- Good business sense to make decisions
- Knowledge of privacy and privacy practices such as anonymization and pseudonymization
Location(s): Remote (United States)
Contract Length: 6 months
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for this position in Colorado and Connecticut is $75 - $100 hourly; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act and CT House Bill Number 6380. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.