At Breakout, a Techstars-backed company, we’re facilitators of strategic fun, building the global platform to help businesses develop strong company culture no matter where their employees are based.
We believe that teams that have fun together are happier, perform better, and stick together. And, help companies like Adobe, Duolingo, and Dropbox build meaningful bonds through virtual and hybrid events that shrink the distances between us, physical and otherwise.
You can learn more at our site: www.breakout.chat.
We’re Looking for a Head of Customer Success
As our Director of Customer Success, you’ll be our first senior Customer Success hire and will define and build out an efficient and effective CS process and department from the ground up to ensure that the client experience leading up to, and following events is just as magical as the events themselves.
You’ll have a front-row seat to the inner workings of hundreds of leading companies, developing relationships with their executives and leaders in HR and People Operations. When you aren’t working with clients, you’ll be working to improve our internal processes and simplify the client experience. This role is a great fit for you if you see each client interaction as an opportunity to create delight and meet their needs.
What Will You Do?
- Define and run our customer experience process, including onboarding, tech checks, invoicing, post-event follow-ups, and quarterly business reviews
- Build deep relationships with clients, including recommending the right solutions, and consulting on steps they can take to see more impact
- Identify ways to expand within accounts with either new services or introductions to other parts of the organization
- Coordinate event logistics, including scheduling, data requests, answering logistical questions, coordinating with our hosts, and adding client details to our tech system
- Review, interpret, and maintain legal documents for client relationships, including contracts, procurement and statements of work
- Scope out and run our online customer support center
- Work to constantly improve our internal processes and simplify the client experience
- Funnel product feedback to our team, acting as an advocate for our customers
- Lend a hand in special projects and other areas as they pop up
Who Are We Looking For?
- 7 to 10 years of experience in mid-market or enterprise Customer Success, with 3 years in a fast-paced startup environment. Prefer experience in the HR or employee engagement space
- Client service skills, including clarity, timelines, warm personality that reflects our brand and attention to detail
- Comfortable talking (and more importantly, listening) to people at all levels, including senior leadership
- Ability to be strategic, but still roll up your sleeves to accomplish what needs to be done
- Customer-obsessed and passionate about adding delight and value throughout every interaction
- Highly organized with a strong sense of urgency to meet deadlines, and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Proactive and self-sufficient in the ambiguity of a small team environment
- Ability to write clear, accurate, well-organized, and playful emails
- You have a growth mindset and are constantly learning and being curious
- Passionate about company culture, connecting teams, and remote work
Why Work With Us?
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical + dental + health insurance
- HealthAdvocate healthcare support
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Learning & development stipend
- Monthly team-building fun
- Fully remote environment
This is a full-time, fully remote position
- Salary range: $90K - $140K
- Equity: Yes
- Because of the client-facing nature of the role, regular availability during M-F US business hours is expected