Brilliant Ink is the foremost expert on employee experiences and we believe every employee deserves a great experience at work, and every company should benefit from the power of a fully engaged workforce – including our own.
We’re dedicated to nurturing a workplace where all our people feel seen, valued, and affirmed, and where everyone is empowered to succeed, grow, learn and bring their most engaged selves to work.
Brilliant Ink is an internal communications agency that specializes in designing meaningful employee experiences that translate into killer business results and improved engagement.
We help our world-class clients invest in the most critical moments of the employee lifecycle to improve the employee experience, engagement, performance and on-the-job bliss. In short, we spend our 9-5 working to improve that of others.
We are searching for a brilliant part-time Contract Marketing Specialist to join our team. The rate for this role is $50-$75/hour, depending on experience.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Contract Marketing Specialist, you will support key marketing efforts to raise awareness of how damn good we are (this is not the time for us to be humble!), strengthen our industry reputation and grow our business.
We’re known in the industry for providing brilliant, thoughtful and valuable resources for internal communicators and we’re looking for you to help us spread the word, elevate our content, and ensure our voice and tone is infused in everything we create. You need to get inside the head and hearts of our audience and really understand what they want and need (while grabbing their attention because they’re busy)!
- Support maintenance of editorial calendar for the agency, working in close partnership with the Marketing Lead and Marketing team to write and edit high-quality content and copy for our blog, resources, website, newsletters and emails
- Lead execution of social media strategy on Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and any new social platforms, including monitoring activity, engaging with followers, industry chats and prospects, and regularly curating best-in-class content
- Regularly research and monitor industry-related thought leadership, news, trends and communities – and share insights with the rest of the team
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO best practices
- Identify gaps in our content and recommend new topics while optimizing our existing blog posts (updating for relevancy, SEO checks, checking for broken links, etc.)
- Review marketing metrics and make recommendations for adjustments and improvements on a regular basis
- Contribute to website maintenance, including formatting and uploading blog posts/resources, updating landing pages and any additional content
- Collaborate with the Marketing team on new projects and content strategy
WHO YOU ARE:
- You’re enthusiastic, motivated and scrappy – aka, you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and take on new tasks with minimal direction
- You’re an excellent communicator and writer, who can craft compelling (and grammatically correct) copy that grabs your audience’s attention quickly (bonus points if we see this in your cover letter!)
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism or similar; though all majors are welcome to apply
- You’re battled-tested with 3+ years of experience in marketing, content marketing, communications, journalism or another relevant discipline
- You have a basic understanding of good marketing principles and SEO (but never settle for sticking with what you know)
- You’re hungry for learning with a sense of curiosity to understand all sides of our business from a support function perspective
- You work fast but thoughtfully – with near-impeccable attention to detail, the ability to spot errors and meet your deadlines
- You work just as well independently as you do with others. As a fully remote role, this comes with autonomy and quite a bit of creative freedom. This means you must be extremely good at communicating with others and giving and receiving direct feedback. We leave egos at the door and so should you.
- Experience in B2B content marketing
- Experience with using data and analytics to inform your strategy, experiment and make things happen
- You’ve developed a marketing strategy (for social media or content marketing) from scratch, including audience research, business goal, creative recommendations and measurement strategy
YOU SHOULD KNOW…
- Our values are at the core of everything we do – if they align with your personal values, then chances are you’ll love working with our team of brilliant, driven and empathetic humans!
- This role will have you assisting with teams and clients across the country and sometimes will require working hours in other time zones.
- There is no 'perfect' candidate– everyone brings something different to the team, and our diversity of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and identities makes Brilliant Ink an amazing place to work.
- Brilliant Ink does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. Brilliant Ink’s policies, as well as practices, seek to ensure that employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants, based solely on job-related criteria.