LOCAL MARKETING LEAD | BOSTON
We’re Sofar Sounds, your global music community. We bring people together in unexpected spaces in over 400 cities around the world. We’re artists, music lovers and organisers. We’re a company of musicians for musicians. We create, perform, listen and work to make intimate live music experiences that connect us all. Every show is focused on the artist.
As a Local Marketing Lead, you’ll support marketing initiatives in your city for the world’s largest global concert community. You’ll be a key member of our local team, use your networking skills to expand our community and turn your obsession with music into a part-time job.
Sofar has worked with over 30,000 artists, hosted over 1,000,000 fans at shows around the world and engages with millions more online each month. You will be part of a team that is passionate about creating an industry-leading culture that supports artists and introduces their music to new fans.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Represent Sofar as an active member of the local music community
- Work closely with the local Show Experience Lead to connect local music lovers with Sofar
- Build partnerships with local arts and social impact organizations, being purposeful in selecting partners that diversify our music genres, audience make-up and neighborhood representation
- Establish relationships with key media, from radio sites to local event listings, and arrange programs to get customer leads and sell tickets
- Rollout repeatable programs provided by the Marketing and Community Partnerships teams to grow Sofar in a well-organized and scalable way, with an emphasis on community and audience diversification
- Contribute local social posts and content ideas, and capture content that engages our local audience and represents the city’s demographics and cultures
- Organize regular meetups for the Sofar Community (artists, crew, hosts, audio engineers, photographers, videographers) in collaboration with other leaders in your city
- Share local information with the marketing team for editorial content and programming
- Support Concert operations by finding new unique venues for our shows
- Collaborate across different Sofar teams, both local and regional teams - communicating success stories, key learnings, programs and their impact, and other activities
- You’ll also discover a lot of great new music, from your city and around the world
WHO YOU ARE:
- Music-obsessed and connected to your local music community
- An expert on your city - from new venue openings, to the best social media profiles to follow, to the best open mic nights
- Energized by meeting new people and bringing them together, particularly across cultures
- An excellent communicator, both in writing and speaking
- Committed to diversity, inclusion and representation
- Excited about a scrappy startup culture; you’re organized and work well autonomously, but remain connected to the larger team
- Genuine, demonstrated commitment to supporting artists and local music
- Able to work flexible hours
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
We are proud to have a global workforce and strive towards having a diverse workplace. We have an Equity Council, Employee Resource Groups and ongoing learning and development in this area - DEI is important to us and our culture.
COMPENSATION, PAY EQUITY & BENEFITS
Our people and global communities are precious - we aim to treat them as such. At Sofar we feel strongly about the compensation and benefits that we provide across the board so that no matter your skill set or experience you’re paid fairly according to market rate.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
We invest in your learning and development and strive to create a learning culture through formal and informal workshops and training.
We’ll work with you closely to support you throughout the hiring process. If your CV/ resume shows that your skills and experience have synergy with the job description, then we’ll hop on a call to say “Hello” and to start getting to know one another. If it’s not the right opportunity this time, we’ll always let you know.
Typically our hiring process takes a maximum of 4 weeks end to end. You’ll be guided through the process by our Talent team and an interview panel of lovely humans who will give you support and feedback throughout - we’ll do our very best to create an interview environment that brings out the best in you and sets you up for success.